VALOR
"Fourth Street Elevator"
Dubuque, United States
Built in 1882 by J.K. Graves for his own convenience; and rebuilt after a fire in 1884. It was then opened as public transport.<br><br> Originally operated by steam, then by electricity in 1893, the elevator was incorporated as the Fenelon Place Elevator Co. with neighbors as stock holders.<br><br> First board of directors; June 21, 1893; L.C. Bissell, Pres.; W.A. Leathers V Pres.;, J.H. Kleine, Sec'y; Chas. Sass, Treas. Other stockholders: Jacob Rich, Frank H. Weime,Geo. B. Burch, D.J. Scott, J.F. Ris, J. Hooper, W.G. Norman, J.R. McFarland and C.F. Markle.<br>br> In 1912, C.B. Trewin acquired control. To date, (1967) his family owns and operates it for the use and enjoyment of the public.