VALOR

Deaf School Park

Columbus, United States

This ten acre site was purchased in 1829 for the Ohio School for the Education of the Deaf. The first school building opened here in 1834; the school was enlarged in 1845. In 1868 the original school was replaced. Another school building was added in 1899 and a hospital in 1908. The Deaf School was relocated on Morse Road in 1953.

Submit Update