NEUTRAL

Cedar Hill

Richmond, United States

Cedar Hill was constructed ca. 1820 and originally stood off Creighton Road near the Hanover County line. During the Civil War, units of Kershaw's Division of the Army of the Confederate States set up camp at Cedar Hill and built fortifications on the property.<br><br> In 1998 when the house was moved it was one of only 10 remaining one-and-a-half-story frame houses existing in Henrico from the early 19th century. Cedar Hill was donated to the Henrico County Historical Society by St. Paul's Baptist Church and moved to Meadowview Park by Henrico County.

Submit Update