NEUTRAL
Cycle Route 6 - Lower Harpenden Road Sign
Luton, United Kingdom
The former Luton, Dunstable and Welwyn Junction Railway was opened in 1860 and closed in 1965. During the 1980s, access rights for walkers were negotiated and the Upper Lea Valley Walk was officially opened in 1989. Whilst this was good news for walkers, cyclists still had to use the busy and dangerous Lower Harpenden Road to travel between Luton and Harpenden. Sustrans had been working for several years to extend access rights to the path for cyclists.