MYSTIC

Goodrich Quarry

San Jose, United States

On the hillside north of this plaque, only the scars remain to mark the spot where brown stone was quarried for San Jose Hall of Justice, Post Office, St. Mary’s Church, original buildings of Stanford University, and Carson City Mint. This small structure, known as the Pfeiffer House, was built from quarried rock around 1875 and used for food and tool storage.

Submit Update