MYSTIC

Manchester Lodge No. 14

Richmond, United States

On September 19, 1795, <b>Manchester Lodge No. 14</b>, A.F.&A. M., laid the cornerstone of its first temple on this site. The ceremony was conducted by the worshipful master Archibald Campbell, grand master John Marshall, and deputy grand master Robert Brooke. It served the brethren and the community as a meeting hall, a place of worship and a schoolhouse. The first school for deaf mutes in this country was held in this building.

Submit Update